As an international student, are you looking for how to get a scholarship from Vanier university? Not to worry in this article we will be discussing the Vanier Canada graduate scholarship for international students, the Vanier Canada graduate deadline and also the eligibility for Vanier Canada graduates, and many more about it.
The Canadian government established Vanier Canada graduate (Vanier CGS) in 2008 to strengthen Canada’s ability to attract and retain the best world-class students and also the world center of excellence in higher learning and research. The government gives close to 166 students the opportunity of this scholarship annually.
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship Eligibility
Before applying for the Vanier Canada graduate scholarship you have to follow the instructions given below:
- The candidates must be Canadian and international students can also apply.
- International students must be proficient in the English language.
- Candidates should be pursuing their first doctoral degree ( which includes the undergraduate/graduate degree program like MD/Ph.D., DVM/Ph.D., JD/PhD
- Candidates must be nominated by a Canadian university that is able and must be receiving the Vanier CGS quota.
- A participant should have completed no more than 20 months of the doctoral degree as a full-time student.
- Participants must be able to pursue in the summer semester or academic year following the instruction given to them.
- Candidates must not hold any doctoral degree scholarship from any of these: CIHR, SSHRC, or NSERC to complete a doctoral degree.
- Candidates must be able to achieve first-class averages as determined by the institution in the last two years of full-time study.
Application For Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship
- Participants show to begin by researching the type of Canadian institution they want to study through their respective websites and carefully research the kind of program they intend to study at the university.
- Candidates are required to consult the Vanier Canada graduate scholarship (Vanier CGS) quota page so as to ensure that the institution they choose has a quota for the year. You can visit Vanier Canada
- To complete your application you have to follow these few steps.
Step 1. Application is initiated in any of these two ways. The students can pass information to the faculty of graduate studies at the chosen institution the candidates intend to apply for Vanier CGS.
Or the selected institution initiates the nomination process by picking the selected candidates.
Step 2. Application is prepared by the candidates and submitted to the nomination institution before the deadline.
Step 3. The nominating institution will perform the internal section process for the candidates.
- Students must be selected by the institution at which they intend to study at. NOTE: students cannot apply directly to Vanier (CGS) program.
- It is advisable that candidates should confirm the institutional internal deadline with the administrators.
- Participants are required to go through the selection committee guide before processing their application. This guide contains a lot of useful information that can be helpful to the students/candidates.
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) Deadline
The Canadian government has opened applications for fully funded Vanier Canada graduate scholarships (Vanier CGS) for 2023 participants. The government has started to accept online applications for Vanier (CGS) program. So, if you are a student that is aiming to study at Vanier (CGS) you can now start to follow the procedures before applying.
The deadline for Vanier CGS application submission is May 1, 2023.
Benefits Of Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS)
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) is one of the fully funded scholarship awards for Ph.D. program students. There are also some privileges and main grants that are given to the lucky candidates in Vanier CGS, which include:
- The scholarship candidates will be given an annual grant which is worth $50,000.
- The candidate’s tuition fees are fully funded for 3 years.
- Students can pursue a Ph.D. level in any Canadian institution of their choice.
- Development of personal characteristics
- Participants can also get funding partially for their academics based on their qualities of leadership, academic performance, etc.
Documents Needed For Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
Students that are interested and willing to apply for the Vanier CGS program must have these documents at hand:
- Research Net Application Form.
- Candidates must have two reference letter
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Research contributions should not be more than 1 page in a length
- Must have personal statements which portray a leadership quality.
- A study plan
- Students must have academics proofs also academic transcripts
- Should have previous academic certificates
- A project preference that should not be more than 5 pages in a length
- A research proposal that should be a minimum of two pages in length
- Proof of special circumstances
In conclusion, the Vanier Canada graduate scholarship for international students has been explained to us all and the deadline for this scholarship is stated in this article as everything else needed before applying for this scholarship which is fully funded.
Comments and inquiries can be dropped in the comments section. Thank you for reading.